action cradle..

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:27:59 -0700

Terry,
I saved some money when I was starting out by having a client weld me one.
I borrowed one from a local technician and the welder used that as a model
for making mine.  It is still working fine 19 years later.  You might ask
around if you can find a welder with whom you can trade some work, or owes
you a favor, otherwise welding costs might not save you any money.

jeannie
__________________

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Charly Tuner
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 5:05 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: action cradle..

Does anybody have "how-to-make" plans for an action cradle? I could buy one
from Schaff, but since some techs make their own tilter and save $$, I
figure somebody out there has successfully made their own cradle. Thanks in
advance for your tips & advice!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG