QUERY:YAMAHA GRANDS BUILT FOR JAPANESE MARKET

John Gunderson jgunderson@monmouth.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:50:09 -0400

I have a customer who has just purchased a 30 yr. old Yamaha G2 that was
originally manufactured for the Japanese market.  She was told by one
"expert" to stay away from these pianos.  According to this expert, the
wood is dried to a different % EMC for the Japanese market then those
pianos made for the American market and that a piano which was made for
the Japanese climate will have problems here in the USA (I wonder which
part of the USA he was referring to, Florida or Arizona).  I would
appreciate any input/experience on this subject.
Thanks,

John Gunderson, Associate member, North Jersey Chapter