Steinway style rep lever springs

MsPiano4@AOL.COM MsPiano4@AOL.COM
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:51:11 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/00 8:34:02 PM Central Daylight Time, nhunt@jagat.com
writes:

<< Butterfly springs are not bent.  Contrary to what most
 haven't realized the leaf of the spring is NOT the spring.
 The spring action comes from the coil only.  That being the
 case the only way to regulate these springs is to wind or
 unwind the coil by loving the two arms of the spring
 together or away from each other.

Newton, thanks for your reply, I miss spoke when I said bending, I push down
on the spring to relieve tension and pull up to increase. It just seems to
take such a small amount to alter the tension to much in either direction,
guess I just need more practice!

Greg Murdaugh