QUERY:YAMAHA GRANDS BUILT FOR JAPANESE MARKET

John Lillico, RPT staytuned@idirect.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 23:41:36 -0400

>I have a customer who has just purchased a 30 yr. old Yamaha G2 that was
>originally manufactured for the Japanese market......... and that a piano which was made for
>the Japanese climate will have problems here in the USA (I wonder which
>part of the USA he was referring to, Florida or Arizona).  I would
>appreciate any input/experience on this subject.
>Thanks,
>
>John Gunderson, Associate member, North Jersey Chapter

John,

That's my question, too!  But from what I recall, Yamaha claims that "technical specs" are different on domestic and exported pianos. In other words, when she eventually needs parts, they may be unattainable.

Then along comes that bloke, Tony Court!! "Yes, You Can Get Parts to Match That Action!!" For 2 pound 6 pea, he'll make anything you need.

Someone will always be willing to take up the slack if there's a demand for parts and a domestic source is unwilling to supply. You're only seconds away from the rest of the world.

As for climate, we get Florida, Arizona, Cairo and Moscow throughout the year. And not one is in Canada..... lucky for us!!

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville, Ontario