George Gershwin's Music

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:54:50 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/00 8:41:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no (Richard Brekne) writes:

<< Bill, cant you just post the basic recipie for this EBVT once and for all
 then ?? I have yet to see such a thing. I personally believe there are many
 many of us who are interested in giving this temperament a whirl. >>

Thanks for your interest, Richard but I do think I have posted those
instructions at least once although it was some time ago.  Since then
however, I have added an introduction and an essay on Key Color which
explains the basics of the effects of Cycle of 5ths based temperaments.  This
info is a fairly long post with an attached file, so it is too much to post
on Pianotech.  However, any interested parties are welcome to request it
privately as several have already.  I will send the package to you privately.

I hope this will be a satisfactory substitute for my not presenting it at the
Convention.  If, after 2 or 3 more years, enough people have learned it and
have reported positive results (as I fully expect they will), it will be a
more appropriate time to present it.  As it is now, as I see it, for every
person who is interested, there are at least 3 people who don't even want to
see it on the schedule.  That's perfectly fine with me, though, it is their
loss, not mine.  I'll still be doing it 4-5 times a day and sometimes more,
year after year.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin