rescaling tension

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 22:11:12 -0700

Andrew;  I restrung a 6'2" Hazelton some time ago that had a cracked plate
in two places.  It cracked because of the stress put on the plate that was
bolted into the structure and the pin block in a position that caused the
two struts to crack in an obvious weak spot in the design.  I splinted the
crack and reinforced the strut by extending the splint past the weak spots.
I used PSCALE to check the scale and converted 6 notes above the bass break
from trichord plain to bichord wound.  I still have the before and after
scales that I could print out for you if you like.  I'd have to mail them
to you, cause I'm not sure I could get them out on e-mail.  Call me at
1-408/984-0482 if you like and I can tell you more about the stress the
plate was in.  Best to call 8-9 am pacific daylight time.

--- Carl W. Meyer
--- cmpiano@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.