U1 bass strings...

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:25:51 EDT

A couple of weeks ago someone on the list mentioned the problem with some new
Yamaha U1's.  I got to a U1 on the floor today that was new and had the same
dead bass string problem.  Little to no sustain and just overall not like the
others.  The dampers looked like they were clearing fine and I did not see
any evidence of what the problem might be.  Showed it to someone else and
they laughed when I realized that the owner's pack was in the bottom of the
piano leaning on some of the bass strings.  Stupid me.  Oh well, I guess I
solved that mystery.

Ed Tomlinson
Cascade Piano
Piano Sales/Piano Technician