Tone Regulating was PA state convention... help

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 12:11:29 EST

 > >Regulating tone, can only
 > > precede an in depth ability to tune and regulate the action at concert
> > level.

Greetings,
   Not sure what the above means, but I will assume that the point was that
tone regulating must *follow* the ability to tune and regulate at concert
level.  In the ideal world, yes, that may be expected, however, like Gina, I
have to work with hammers in the here and now.  If, during a tuning, I am
asked to deal with a few notes  pinging,  I don't regulate the action before
getting out my accupuncture kit.  After checking the string level, a light
stroke or two with a sandpaper file to reduce the strike surface if needed,
and then a judicious needle or three will often have the customer totally
relieved to be rid of the jangle.
       On old pianos, with a lot of wear in the actions and hammers,  I say
spear'em right where you find'em!
Regards,
Ed Foote