? Measuring vacuum

BSimon999@AOL.COM BSimon999@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:48:06 EST

In a message dated 2/20/00 5:01:15 AM, tunenbww@clear.lakes.com writes:

<< Bill

Are there any reference books or publications you can recommend for a newbie

in the player piano repair business? - Paul Chick >>

Yes, there are some excellent sources out there. one is the "Technicalities"
series that is put out by AMICA - TThe Automatic Musical Instrument Collector
Association" - look online for the address and information.

There is a company "Vestal Press" that produced a great quantity of excellent
monographs on particular phases of rebuilding, like " Rebuilding Simples
Plauer Valves" and reprinted the original information of the manufacturers,
like the "DUO-ART reproducing Piano Service Manual"   I cannot find an
address on any of the materials I finally found here.  I hope they are still
in business, they were absolutely excellent resource, selling parts diagrams,
operation schemes, expanded views, etc. Perhaps someone on the pianotech list
will have their address.

Good Luck,

Bill SImon
Phoenix