Spinet action

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:39:28 -0500

Well, what are the alternatives to not taking it out?  If it needs
service, it needs service, and you need to learn to do it SOMEtime.  May
as well be now.

But if the Howard is a tricky one, maybe you want to do it first on some
other spinet, or maybe another technician will accompany you to keep you
from getting yourself into a situation you don't know how to get out of.
If you go this latter direction, be willing to pay him/her well.

Several weeks ago I removed a spinet action to tighten the rear action
screws and then noticed it had no bridle straps.  That did complicate
things a little.  I've also encountered pianos where there is so little
clearance for getting the action in and out that I got quite frustrated.
But SO far I haven't taken any out that I couldn't get back in.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA