padded hammer handle

carl meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 16:12:02 -0800

A friend of mine had the same idea.  He bought some 2 and 1/2 inch
sponge balls and I bored a 1 and 1/8 inch hole in it almost all the way
thru.  It fits on the end of a standard hammer.  We sold several at a
couple of conventions for 7 dollars.  Some have loved them, but I feel
they are too soft for good control.  But, I had one left at the last
cal. convention and one guy begged me to sell it to him.  What can I
say?  I won't sue you if you if you make  your own.  One that has been
around my shop for maybe 1-2 years is now somewhat hardened with age
even though I haven't used it at all.  I used a hole saw to cut the
hole, dug out the cut portion and then cut some more till I got it deep
enough.

Have fun.

Carl Meyer
Santa Clara, Ca.