key duplication/uprights

Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:52:04 -0500

Much thanks for the all the good ideas and leads for resolving the
problem with the mangled keys in the Ellington upright.  I am most
appreciative!

Also, I am glad to hear there is ample sentiment for the old uprights.  I
have an 1893 A. B. Chase that is outstanding musically, with a "high
Victorian" case that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Robin's post indicating there has been some interest in putting brand new
pianos in old cases is an intriguing one.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com