Bad days (a bit long and very cold)

Elian Degen J. degen@telcel.net.ve
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:17:52 -0400

Hello list

Definitively there are some major Global weather changes going on.
After last year Floods in which ended erasing a state from Venezuelan
coastline, and I found out changed the Geografic line because it added
several thousand acres of land to the coast line and happened in what used
to be Venezuelas dry season. (Normaly, raini seson here is fom May to
September ) This year started with more rains (not normal here ) and an
unusual cold weather for tropics. Were Ilive temperatures never go lwer than
20ªC  This year they went down to almost 14ªC in some days. The biggest
concern appart from the natural disasters and human loss from these
continuos rains, is what a client of mine told me. I tuned a piano for a man
who is in charge of several farms, and he told me that agriculture was in
danger, because of the impossibility of predicting a good moment for
planting and harvesting, investments in those fields are millionaire, and
with this unpredictable weather they were in danger of loosing the crops..
That is something to think about on a Global basis

Have a happy week end

----- Original Message -----
From: Clyde Hollinger <cedel@supernet.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 10:25 PM
Subject: Re: Bad days (a bit long and very cold)

Jon,

We all?  Contributors to this list come from an awful lot of places.  I bet
few locations rarely see a flake.  I've had a couple problems with snow in
the
past four weeks, but nothing even close to what Kristinn describes here.
Since
I'm not such a snow fan, thanks, Kristinn, for helping me appreciate living
where we don't get as much as you do.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger
Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA