key duplication/uprights

Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:06:35 -0500

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:37:43 -0500 "Brian Trout" <btrout@desupernet.net>
writes:
> Hi Mark,
> I have in the back of my mind to rebuild an upright piano someday,
> not sparing the expense of giving it the whole enchilada, going the
> whole nine yards, taking it farther than this guy has ever taken an
upright
> before... I just haven't found the right one yet.  I've found nice
cabinets
> around some of the lesser pianos, and plain cabinets around some of the

> nicer pianos.  I'm just looking for that nice fancy old cabinet around
an
> old Steiff or similarly built piano.  When the time is right it'll
happen.

Yes, Brian, I feel the same way.  I have an 1895 Mason & Hamlin upright
holding down the corner of my shop that I have hopes for the deluxe
treatment someday.  Outstanding case and very solid feel to the action,
and incredibly balanced tone thruout the entire piano even with original
wires and hammers.  Sometimes the good ones actually defy logic how they
could still sound that good over 100 years later.  My hope is to restore
this piano for my son to take with him when he leaves home.  I have 11
years, so that SHOULD be enough time.

Ah, now, where do I look to find that time........?  What is the
saying...."Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"?

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com