key duplication/uprights

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:58:11 -0600

>Robin's post indicating there has been some interest in putting brand new
>pianos in old cases is an intriguing one.
>
>Mark Potter

That's what a re design and re manufacture is for. I seem to have missed
Robin's post, but what are the odds against finding old cases matching the
physical dimensions of new back assemblies, key length and head scale, and
actions height, installed in the proper relationship to each other, and
still get the case together? Seems like about as much trouble as
rebuilding. What am I missing here? Enlighten me.

Ron N