key duplication/uprights

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 11:17:09 -0200

Hi Carl,

Wasn't there a gruesome era when old uprights were modified so, with
mirrors and graining, etc. I've seen more than enough antique grands
modernized with paint, new legs, moulding removal...not that your idea
is a bad one, certainly beautiful instruments could be created as we
observed on the Journal cover you mentioned.

I think that many people appreciate old uprights, as I do, and some
people even cherish old squares. We just got a Martin, Madrid 1825 -
anyone know about this maker? They were a little late to use a mopstick
action.

Stranger things will happen.

Clark