Stable Floor tunings?

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 04 Mar 2000 12:58:25 PST

For any/all floor tuners on the list: About how often do you find the need
to re-tune, or at least "touch-up" a previous tuning...if the piano is still
there,(in the store) and has not yet sold, of course? The store where i work
is very large, with 3 floors of pianos, and several studios on each. We have
no humidity control, and the temperature does drop quite a bit overnight.
Also, in some areas of the store, sunlight streams in for a good while. So,
I find that I may have to go over a piano after a month, or even less,
depending on where it's located in the store, and of course the quality is a
factor. The vast majority of our stock is new, so of course, new piano wire
stretches, so it will need more frequent tunings initially. Just wondered
what other floor tuners have to say about the frequency of tuning store
pianos...especially if the same piano(s) are still on the floor a few weeks
or even longer, AFTER you first tune it. Thanks

TErry