Stable Floor tunings?

Tom Dickson td_tuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 18:38:55 PST

Terry wrote:
<snip>
Btw,
>After
>only 3 weeks on the job as a floor tuner, and having tuned 4-5 pianos a day
>(I guess that's a lot of pin turning for a newbie!), my tuning hand,
>specifically my fingers and thumb joint is very noticably stiff and painful

Hi, Terry!

   My first instruction in tuning lead me to believe that there was one way,
one position, and one method which fit all situations.  Of course that's not
the case.

   Technique information re the hammer came to me first through a
publication by Ken Burton, RPT, of Calgary.  I attended a seminar where Ken
was a leader, and I purchased his book titled:  "Different Strokes - Hammer
Techniques for Piano Technicians".  It was a definite eye-opener for a
newbie like myself.  It might be something you could consider looking into.

    Ken can be contacted at KWBurton@cadvision.com .

    Best of luck!

                                                  Sincerely,
                                                  Tom Dickson