surcharge

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 10:49:09 +0000

Willem,
      If gas is up about 50 cents a gallon, and you charge a five dollar
surcharge, that covers the difference in price for ten gallons or about 200
miles.  It would appear to customers like you're either cheating them or not in
demand because you have to drive that 200 miles for each job.  Either way is
not good for business.
       Surcharges remind me of the phone companies, utility companies, and
certain airlines which have detestable reputations as cold money making
machines out to cheat/charge everyone for anything as long as it's legal and
has some government agency approval.
Just my 2 cents
-mike