Baldwin torque, (was survey)

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 05:25:07 -0600

Shelly writes:
>When I worked for Baldwin  in the factory at Conway
>for  >12  years, the acceptable torque on a pin was between 180 and 230
lbs.
> otherwise  it was replaced with a  bigger  pin !!!!!!

<<    Amazing, but I remember those.  This is also one reason that I and
several other techs that I knew stopped recommending Baldwin pianos.  That
amount of torque does nothing but exhaust the tuner.
REgards,
Ed Foote>>

I was about to say the same thing, but you beat me to it. :-) I do not like
tuning Baldwin grands, although the verticals are OK.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS