surcharge

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:08:42 -0800

I just raised my prices $5.00 at the beginning of the year.  I will have to
look hard at my actual costs.  What are you paying in Saint Louis?  We are
up to $1.79 in Pacifica.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 6:46 AM
To: Pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: surcharge

With the increased cost of gasoline, and higher prices to follow, I am
contemplating doing one of two things: raise my tuning fee $5 or $10, or add
that much as gasoline surcharge to every appointment.

The increase in fee would appear like a permanent solution, but might be
looked on as charging too much to soon. (I increased my price by $5 in
September.) The surcharge, I think, might be understood by my customers.
(They all know we are paying much more for gas.) And if prices come down, as
they are predicting they will in the fall, I can remove it.

What are some thoughts on the matter.

Willem