Mike's reply Re: surcharge

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 20:02:23 EST

Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu writes:

<< If gas is up about 50 cents a gallon, and you charge a five dollar
 surcharge, that covers the difference in price for ten gallons or about 200
 miles.  It would appear to customers like you're either cheating them or not
in
 demand because you have to drive that 200 miles for each job.  Either way is
 not good for business.
        Surcharges remind me of the phone companies, utility companies, and
 certain airlines which have detestable reputations as cold money making
 machines out to cheat/charge everyone for anything as long as it's legal and
 has some government agency approval.
 Just my 2 cents
 -mike >>

Good point. I never thought of it that way. "(a five dollar surcharge, ...
covers the difference in price for ten gallons or about 200 miles)".

I'll reconsider.

Wim