Yamaha GH1

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:59:09 +0100

Hmmm I wonder if I dont have to aggree with Keith on this one. In any case
it seems like you really have just two options from how I read your problem
description. In the one case do as Keith says.. In the other case have the
piano rebuilt. Fixing the bridge without making sure there is adequate
downbearing, and / or also fixing the cause of that as well is like one of
those things we do often enough on junkers.. especially those of us just
getting into the rebuilding side of things. But Yamahas are generally well
enough built to begin with that perhaps they warrant a bit more attention.
Kinda depends tho on the instruments general condition otherwise I guess
tho..

If yas arent sure... bring in a reputable rebuilder to look at it for her
opinion.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.