Response to David I., electric cars, way off topic...

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:58:52 +0000

List,
   This morning, as often, I had to stop and sit at a light for not a single
car.  When it turned green, a whole group of cars on the other street had to
stop, --for just me!   Why aren't there sensors to detect approaching vehicles
and adjust lights?  One cheap computer has enough power to calculate the
traffic patterns and probabilities of which ways cars might go for a whole city
and adjust tall he lights.  Congress  legislates the gas mileage vehicles must
get, but fails to force municipalities to buy such systems.  This would really
save big on fuel, brake jobs, car wear and tear, and help the economy by
increasing human productivity.
-mike