outrageous charges--estimates

Todd L. Mapes foxmeadow@freewwweb.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 05:36:49 -0600

David,

Is there a Better Business Bureau in your area?  If so, I would
recommend that the customers file complaints with them.  Usually, they
will follow up with the perpetrator and hound them until they get some
kind of satisfaction.  Of course, this only works if they actually paid
the fellow, but they might be able to start a file on him for those few
careful folks who actually check those types of references in advance.
What about the local Chamber of Commerce?  Seems to me that this
fellow's reputation is not getting exposed fast enough to protect future
customers.  I had a bad experience with a remodeling contractor once,
and after I started having trouble with him, seems like every one I
talked to knew how bad he was.  This was AFTER I had the work done.  No
one warned me in advance, which I would have appreciated more than the
post-game analysis.

Sounds like a frustrating situation for you and the piano owners
involved.  Keep us updated.  As someone else said, eventually this fire
will burn itself out.  But in the meantime, take heart, you're the guy
who's in the right, and he's the one in the wrong.  Keep your integrity
and your good attitude and eventually you'll win out.

Todd L. Mapes
Fort Smith, AR