fun at the piano store!

Charly Tuner charly_tuner@hotmail.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 09:49:12 PST

ROn,

Thanks for the insight. As a matter of standard routine, I ALWAYS "pound"
each & every note to make darn sure the string not only renders, but that it
holds there when struck with some good force. I always go back and play each
key once the fine tuning is finished, just to make sure all the unisons are
perfect. When I finally leave the piano, it has been tested and retested for
stability. As far as that Yamaha, I'm going to run a few checks on it when I
get back to the store. I have a feeling, however, that because of the nature
of new pianos, streching strings, NO CLIMATE/HUMIDITY control, and so on and
so on, most of the new pianos in the store will need several tunings before
they will become stable, not just one after it's unpacked. But of course the
store mangager expects it to stay in good tune after the first tuning, and
will not likely want to pay us to tune it several times in the first few
weeks or even months. THey have no clue!

Terry