Market research

Todd L. Mapes foxmeadow@freewwweb.com
Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:55:33 -0600

Don,

Thanks for the rough numbers, that'll help.  My local chamber of commerce was
able to provide me with the number of households and the population figures.
I also found gov't stats on national households, and for 1998, they showed
2.62 persons per household, in a declining trend, so I'd say you're right on
for the 2.5 persons per household at present.  Now if we'd get this 2000
census update, maybe I could have better population numbers to go by.  (Funny
thing, the Chamber didn't list number of pianos in the Fort Smith area - go
figger.)  If anyone has any other info to add concerning households with
pianos, please speak up.  What do you think would be fair when calculating
number of tunings per piano?  You figure there are people with old uprights
that tune them once every 10-12 years, and then there are churches that tune
quarterly, but I guess if you evened it out to theoretical numbers you could
say 2 tunings/piano/year?  Average 1,000 tunings per tuner per year?
(20/week for 50 weeks - 1 week for PTG convention, 1 week to go skiing?)

Todd