bounced check

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 16:55:53 -0500

At 02:14 PM 03/19/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>     On a side note:  About 6 months ago, I ordered a mail order product that
> cost $225.  The company sent two of them.  I used my debit card.  My house
> payment cleared the bank and so did the 2 products they sent, but the dozen
> other little checks for $20 each (like my water bill) bounced.  Their little
> oversight cost me $600.  Of course it is an out of state company so there's
> no way to collect.  The company was absolutely NASTY to me about it.

Ron,
Good reason not to use a debit card. Had it been a credit card, the
problem would have been resolved with one phone call to the credit
card company after talking with the dealer.

I don't see why anyone would want to use a debit card, there is a
charge to your account for the transaction. At least with credit cards
the bill can be paid a month of so later when the bill comes in, it's free
money, a no interest loan for the first month;  and you have the right
of dispute and sometimes extended warranties.

Charge responsibly,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net