Shut my mouth

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:22:13 -0700

Variants of this subject are included in the class "Let's NOT Find Out! "
in Arlington this July.
BE THERE!

Phil, and..... Phil, et al,
	David has really hit it on the head, here. There isn't a half-lie or
pulled-punch or diplomatic less-blunt technique that won't be giving the
customer a poor return on their dollar spent on you. (did that make sense?)
I mean, they're paying you for what you know, period. Also, think of the
student. If you build a quickie priority structure (in your head), you
should very easily see that the student or player is at the top, and a
piece of junk will do no good. Period.  One of the cool things about rapid
evaluation/condemnation/blunt declaration of DOA with bad pianos is the
amazing amount of time you'll save. Yours, the customers', etc etc. So..
give the best value. Tell the truth. Instantly. (if you're really sure, of
course).
Think on this:
 It's absolutely disgusting and unprofessional for a physician to delay
telling a terminal patient the truth. Ain't it?

Guy