Need help...Balwin 6'3" 1920-30s...

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:05:02 -0600

Thanks Jim.  Actually it's mine.  It's a long story but here's a little
bit of it. I owned it in 1965. My aunt bought it for my daughter to take
piano lessons on. Paid $600.  We had it till 1978 or so, had it
refinished and hammers etc. My daughter was still playing and teaching
on it then. I lost my retail business due to 24% floor plan interest so
the piano went. It was sold to a lawyer in Springfield, MO. He keep in
stored in his garage for lots of years. Then I think, put it out on
consignment to be sold. After a year or so that store went out of
business and the piano ended up stored in Rogersville, MO.  There is a
large piano parts wholesaler there. I think the lawyer lost track of
where it was.

When I got in the piano business I started asking and finally found the
piano last week. I wanted it to play myself and for my daughter someday.
After an 800 mile roundtrip to get it and $5000 dollars later I finally
had it home. Now this.

I checked again and the nosebolt on the Y strut is stipped out of it's
block. I do think that caused the strut to bow up and crack the tenor
side member. With the nosebolt seating fixed I do think there is a good
chance somekind of a repair will hold.

Thanks again for you kind words.
Rich