Interesting H.F.Miller Upright

PNOTNR@AOL.COM PNOTNR@AOL.COM
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:27:15 EST

Thanks Del,

I had considered, ask you said  in your response, that the scale designers
might not have known what thay were up to.

Using the scaling software I have, I've been able to improve the scale a lot,
but it would call for a substantial increase in tension (32,000 lbs. to
35,500 lbs.)  Is there a way to determine whether a plate can take the
additional stress?

I also have a redesigned scale for this piano (from another Pianotech
subscriber) that makes an improvement over the original, and only changes the
tension about 200 lbs, but doesn't look as good (on paper) as mine, according
to the sofware's suggested inharmonosity curve.

Thanks,

Gordon

In a message dated 03/25/2000 12:43:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,