A question of liability

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 08:50:27 EST

 >My question is this:  to what degree am I liable if it was caused by
>their piano and their casters, and all I did was roll it out from the
>wall.

Greetings,
    It seems that you damaged their floor, and regardless of what you used to
do it with,(their piano, your tilter, tar on your shoe, dropping a tool, etc)
 the liability is, IMHO, yours.  If you were carrying their piano out, (say
to your shop), and  tore a door frame off,  that wouldn't be their
liability....( don't ask me how I know).
     A full size upright can weigh 600 lbs, and the majority is on the back
two casters.
Usually, two strips of galvanized tin are sufficient to allow damage-free
rolling of uprights out from walls.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT