A question of liability -Thanks

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 10:34:12 EST

In a message dated 3/26/00 12:39:34 PM !!!First Boot!!!, wardprobst@cst.net
writes:

<<  would recommend you contact your agent, have an estimate made
 by a professional, and let the insurance handle it. If you refund, you are
 out both your fee and insurance premium. >>

Mark

Just a thought to add to what Dale said. I disagree with what some of the
other techs said, that it was your fault. I agree with Jim's assesment, that
in our business we have to move the piano. There is no other way for the
piano to be serviced, (especially to put on new caster). The customer has to
accept a certain amount of liability for that. To admit you were at fault
leaves you wide open for all sorts of problems. At what point do we say,
"This is part of doing our job" and "I made a mistake."

Don't hesitate for a minute to call your agent. That is what he is there for.
That is why you pay your premium. God knows we pay and pay our insurance
premiums without ever filing a claim. The least you can do is make your agent
earn a few of the dollars he gets from you.

Good luck.

Willem