When will it end?

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:12:15 -0500

Today - tonight, I prepared the Steinway for the Vienna Radio Symphony - If they
pass through your town, do yourself a favor and go see them - good, young
players - the conductor does a great job..

anyway, I prepared the Steinway at A=442, as required in their rider, and I was
also instructed to be on stand-by for the performance - lucky me - I got to hear
a good symphony orchestra..

But - as the piano player told me - the orchestra is 'compromising' also - they
normally tune to A=444.

If there is anyone out there who can tell me they hear a difference between an
orchestra at 440 or 444, please tell me what you are hearing - I can buy into
that String players tend to play sharper in the upper registers - that I will
buy - but to hear a real difference in tonality, or emotion? - I don't get it or
hear it.

When will it end?

Rook