When will it end?

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:06:05 -0500

At 11:12 PM 03/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Today - tonight, I prepared the Steinway for the Vienna Radio Symphony -
>If they
>pass through your town, do yourself a favor and go see them - good, young
>players - the conductor does a great job..
>
>anyway, I prepared the Steinway at A=442, as required in their rider, and
>I was
>also instructed to be on stand-by for the performance - lucky me - I got
>to hear
>a good symphony orchestra..
>
>But - as the piano player told me - the orchestra is 'compromising' also -
>they
>normally tune to A=444.
>
>If there is anyone out there who can tell me they hear a difference between an
>orchestra at 440 or 444, please tell me what you are hearing - I can buy into
>that String players tend to play sharper in the upper registers - that I will
>buy - but to hear a real difference in tonality, or emotion? - I don't get
>it or
>hear it.
>
>When will it end?
>
>Rook

Not until they realize that only EBV will set them free.

Free to explore the wondrous soundscapes of the musical landscape.

FREE to hail BB as the Patron Saint of Tonality.

FREE TO PLAY THE MUSIC AS IT WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYED.

Free to finally enjoy playing.

Then and only them will they find true happiness.

(Did you hear "Born Free" playing in the background?)