When will it end?

PNOTNR@AOL.COM PNOTNR@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:29:19 EST

In a message dated 03/29/2000 12:30:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jonpage@mediaone.net writes:

<< If there is anyone out there who can tell me they hear a difference
between an
 >orchestra at 440 or 444, please tell me what you are hearing - I can buy
into
 >that String players tend to play sharper in the upper registers - that I
will
 >buy - but to hear a real difference in tonality, or emotion? - I don't get
 >it or
 >hear it.
 >
 >When will it end? >>

Maybe it's like the stock market.  It'll keep going up until A440 is A880,
then we'll have a two for one split, and be back at 440!!!  ; )

Gordon Large
(debated whether to use my real name on this post!)