ETD as crutch: grrr

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:09:46 +0200

I aggree with what both are saying here.... in essence anyways... Point is we
often end up arguing about this issue while actually being in aggreement without
stressing the points of aggreement..indeed often enough without really being
aware of it.

Point is that ETD's  DO represent a big threat to learning how to tune, at the
SAME time they represent a tremendous asset in that same effort. It all depends
on how they are used and this is the central issue we should all be concerned
with. Getting out that message is really all we need to do. Use ETD's.... I
encourage one and all to explore this world..but really explore it. Use these
tools conciously to find out more about what you do as a tuner.

When I pick out my ETD, its when I decide to use an extra half hour or so.. to
check out things a bit while tuning. Slopp tunings I can do faster without
anyways and I can handle a bit of noise around me.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.