Temperature Change affecting pitch

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:58:00 EST

<<"If I remember my college chemistry, warm air holds more water molecules

because it is at a higher energy state.">>

Well Terry you almost got it right :-)
Warm air can, or has the ability to, hold more moisture than does cold air
but just because the air is warm does not mean that it is holding moisture in
any great quatity unless the moisture is present anyway from an independent
source.
 For instance there is not as much moisture in 100 degree air in Pheonix AZ
as there would be in Miami at the same 100 degrees.
Jim Bryant (FL)