too much "pounding!"

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:03:56 EST

<<"I wonder if there is a relationship between pin size
+metal hardness and torque in the block. To me, softer or smaller pins would
benefit less torque.
Do any of you agree?
Thanks,
Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC">>

 Marcel;
 Do I agree?...yes and no :-)
Yes ..there is a relationship between pin size/hardness/torque
but.........No that a smaller/softer pin would benefit from less torque
because it would also have more twistability at any torque level due to the
softer metal and smaller diameter.  Probably any benefit to be derived from
smaller pins could only be realized if the smaller pin were harder than a
larger pin...but thats a SWAG on my part.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)