Jumpy strings?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:34:10 EST

Hi Greg,
>Is the Protek likely to do what the teflon would not?

It certainly will, unless you are talking about liquid teflon, and I have no
experience with that.
   I have had several pianos that I thought had bad agraffes because of this,
 it sure feels like metal to metal friction,  but when I soaked the
understring felt with protek,  everything moved like butter.  It wasn't the
agraffe at all!.  Protec doesn't seem to migrate, and I have never had
problems with it "coming up the string".
Let us know what works.
Regards,
Ed