Temperature Change affecting pitch

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:46:21 EST

In a message dated 3/30/2000 3:06:51 PM, Larry wrote:

<<AIR CONDITIONING DOES NOT, REPEAT NOT, REMOVE WATER FROM THE
AIR.
BTW air conditioning does not remove water from the air.  Any water you
see dripping from the condenser coils comes from outside the structure.>>

Now Larry don't SHOUT, we can hear you just fine. :-)
If it doesn't work that way in AZ that is OK, but in FL with the outside air
exchanger closed off the overwhelming source of air is from within the
structure and the moisture content of that air (absolute and relative) is
reduced by the action of the air conditioner.
 Think of an air conditioner as a really large 'DeHumidifier'. :-)  Most
dehumidifiers use a 'condensing coil' as well as an 'evaporation coil' in
order to remove moisture from a room/structure. The main difference in 'most'
air conditioners and 'most' dehumidifiers is the size of the coils and air
handlers used. The way 'most' dehumidifers work is by passing room air over
the coils and the condensate ,derived from being passed over the 'cool' coil,
is drained away from the unit to a pan or to an outside drain. size of coils
and proportions of each to the other effect the dehumidifying capacity of
these units.

  Now this applies to "air conditioners" (mechanical) and not "air
conditioners" (evaporative) which you may find in large commercial
installations and are more properly called "evaporative coolers".

 The AHD says:
"air conditioner- n.
An apparatus for controlling, especially lowering, the temperature and
humidity of an enclosed space".

 But then I am just a poor ole country boy with mud lines on my
ankles........so what do I know! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)