Pure Tone Strings

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:58:57 +0200

Stephen Birkett wrote:

> Richard asked:
> > List, and in particular Stephen Birkett and Steve Brady (if you are out
> > there) I got an interesting telephone call today from one Juan MasCabre,
> > an Hollander of spanish decent who sent me up a bunch of information and
> > price lists on a new type of piano wire called Pure Tone. Nice guy..
> > obviously very enthusiastic about his work. He states that the string has
> > just a bit less tensil strenght the Roslau but has
> > significantly I am
>   ^^^^^^^Richard? something missing in this sentence

snip snip.. It was supposed to have read... "significantly lower inharmonicity
charachteristics"

> I do believe it is worth looking into though.
>
> Stephen

Thanks for the very informative post Stephen.. He knows a good deal about you
by the way and I should say so much hello from him. I am indeed tempted to buy
a starting load. I work abit with uprights from around the 1920's in an effort
to learn the rebuilding side of this buisness, and anything like this intrigues
me right off. I am also under the impression that if one was to design a scale
with this wire, then scaleing programs like PScale and Mensurix and the like
would not work. Got any suggestions about what to do in this regard ?

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.