Pure Tone Strings

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:06:47 +0200

Ok you guys... you got me confused a bit here... Perhaps I misread .... On the
one hand it is stated that Inharmonicity is a function of the stiffness of the
wire which is a function of length and tension, then on the other hand it is
stated that a change of stiffness of up to 50 % will have a neglible effect on
inharmonicity... explain this a bit if you may ???

Btw.. another claim made on this phone call was that the inharmonicity was
more predicitable. Ie conforms better to the inharmonicity formulas out there.
He might have just been throwing me a bit of a sales line here.. but well...
comments ?

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.