Compression Ridges

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:20:38 -0700

Joel,
I noticed that one of the grands in my store was developing a pressure
ridge (humidity was 65%).  I installed a DamppChaser unit and it was gone
the next day!  Can you tell that I like DamppChasser systems!

I especially suggest them to new clients bringing pianos from a more
humid climate to Arizona.  I find a lot of recently tuned pianos moved
here from California a quarter step or more flat.  It happens
consistently enough that I do not think that the clients are mistaken on
when the pianos were last tuned.

Humidity was so high because I only have an evaporative cooler in my
store.  Winter time, spring and fall humidity is usually in the 20 to 40%
range.

Larry Messerly, RPT
Prescott/Phoenix (store is in Prescott)