Pinblock Repair/Drill Press

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:15:45 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2000 9:00:04 AM, Terry wrote:

<< My

intention is to *dilignite*-plug the block and drill for new pins>>

Terry;
 Delignite plugs might work for an occasional odd loose pin but trying to
plug an entire block with them would be, in my opinion, asking for trouble.
With the very drastic mass/hardness differences between the old and the new
it would/will be extrememly hard to maintain the drill bit in any kind of a
predictable path.

 I have never tried Delignite plugs so I could be wayyyy off base here but if
the old pinblock is as you say "in pretty good shape" why not just use a
larger pin, or 'normal' pinblock plugs?
My thought.
Jim Bryant (FL)