Steinway checking problems

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@mediaone.net
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 11:04:57 -0400

Fellow Techs< Seeking advice on checking problems encountered when =
regulating older steinway actions> (Assuming backchecks not worn)< =
Roughing tails has helped,  angle changes of the backcheck to steinway =
service manual diagrams helps also,but I still can get some hammers =
bouncing off the backcheck.> <Balancier springs are not too =
strong>Raising the height  of the backcheck seems to be the most  =
effective> Should I consider replacing backchecks with a taller profile =
part?  old wires replaced also or new backchecks on the origional =
wires?> Thanks for your responses>< Tom Driscoll>