Teflon spray

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:12:20 -0400

Todd,

Super-Lube is a relatively heavy grease-like product that is good for heavy
wear contacts like metal to metal but definitely not something that you
would want to use on knuckles or in the action.  It's a wet lubricant rather
than a dry (like slide-all or Teflon powder).  You might find various
formulations of Crown products, McLube products or such.  Some products
(such as Super-Lube or Triflow leave a wet coating (for use on trap
linkages)), others use a film coating that dries to a hard film (think of
DAG, Emeralon or a Teflon equivalent (Bridge tops and such) while the ones
for knuckles, keypins, capstans essentially leave just the powder on the
object being lubricated.  Several folks have given wonderful classes on the
subject and I'm sure we'll have someone covering that area at the Annual
Convention in Reno Nevada next summer.  Be sure to attend and hopefully
you'll find answers to questions that you haven't even thought of yet.

BTW, we just returned from the Convention planning in Reno and you're all
going to be amazed at the facility.  Be sure to click on the Institute
website below and you will find a link to the hotel where we will all be
attending.

Allan
Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Assistant Director - TEAM20001
July 2001 - Reno, NV
agilreath@mindspring.com
http://www.equaltemperament.com/ptg/
Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Vince Mrykalo,
RPT - Dale Probst, RPT