checking

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Wed, 01 Aug 2001 08:32:33 +0200

Thanks folks for responding.  Seems like the server gods perhaps freaked
out a bit in light of the recent Virus alerts. Looks like I am getting
things in now.

Thanks also for all the welcome back notes. As most of these were private
I'll get back to you all individually.

As expected we (my family and I) had great fun on our trip to the USA
this year. Reno was a fantastic experience tho I didnt get to socialize
much. I hung out in the exams room the entire time and have found that
part of the convention to be extremely rewarding. I almost managed to
finish off my quals for CTE as well, but will have to travel to the
Northeast Regional to finish off that process. There are some really fine
folks dedicated to these convention exams, that be for sure. I did manage
however to run into quite a few of our cyber community and I would have
loved to have been able to have had more time to chat and enjoy the
company.

Otherwise we got to see a lot of Canyon Country, a first for me. I had no
idea that Arizona / Utah was that beautiful. I was simply blown away with
Bryce, Zion, Grand and Glenn Canyons. A nice unexpected and spontaneous
family reunion of some 25 close relatives rounded off our trip in
Seattle.

But as the saying goes....how does that saying go ??... There's no place
like home ! Its good to be back after yet another wonderfull summer in
the US.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

Walking through the slot rooms in Reno was sort of like experiencing an
aural bubblebath, rather synthetic in nature....grin.. strange place for
a piano tuners convetion..... did anyone play at them...perhaps win
anything ?