Reshaping VS new hammers - Condition etc

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 12:08:51 EDT

In a message dated 01/08/01 11:28:18 AM, Bluderer@sloanandcompany.com writes:

<< Reshaping & Regulating was quoted at about 2K, this seems like a lot
however

I realize the process is (when done correctly) time consuming.

Bob;
 The viability of any set of hammers depends on the technician who works with
them whether they be S&S, Abel, Renner or some other brand/type. Excellent
results can be had with most in the hands of a skilled tech.

 "Graphite", in limited quantities, has uses in a grand action but a general
"graphite lubrication" is not one of them. Any "lubrication", with 'any'
substance is only a method of hiding other problems unless it is strictly
done to lessen friction on an action which is working very well otherwise.

 With a combination of "filing hammers" and "regulation" and "lubing with
graphite" coming in "at about 2K" I believe that I would get a second opinion
or three onsite before I proceeded.
But that's just my opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)