labor rates

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:40:17 -0600

Hi Gina and David,

I was referring not to techs but to "home piano owners" *grin*.

I prefer to have my clients *very* involved in the maintenance of their
pianos. All my clients are offered a chance to tune a note. (and no, it has
not caused a broken string yet!) If there are screws to be tightened I ask
them to help. Often, they can provide *many* man hours of work doing *nice*
things for their piano. It is not uncommon for the whole family to become
involved.

Personally I can very easily tune a piano in under one hour. My labor rates
reflect this. Too bad the rest of the techs don't follow suit.

At 05:11 PM 08/02/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>Used to be that the factory techs at Steinway like Fred Drashe and Joe
>Bisceglie couldn't tune even a unison, much less tune a piano; but I think
>it could be said that they could regulate reasonably well. :-)
>
>Gina

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/